background

Saturday, April 12, 2014

Why I hope I'm always a Kindergarten Teacher

Why I hope I'm always a Kindergarten teacher.
A fire ignited inside me the day I became a Kindergarten teacher.
 Kindergarten is a unique entity.
Only in Kindergarten do you hear stories of imaginary friends, long drawn out stories about what they love and what they ate for dinner. Only in Kindergarten do you hear that you're beautiful or pretty every day from your little ones. 
Only in Kindergarten do you get to hear a child for the first time say " I can read " .

Hearing " I can read " for the first time is the most amazing three words you can hear from a five-six year old student. 

Kindergarten is where I want to stay. I want to grow as a teacher and learn new techniques that help my students learn through playing. I want to learn new centers that get my kids excited about reading, math and all the rest.
I want to encourage dramatic play and read alouds. 

The beginning of Kindergarten is not an easy task. Each child comes from either formal or informal preschool or staying at home with Mom/Dad.  
They all are nervous, scared, maybe a little excited. 
But each year, I hope to grow with my students, and watch them go from blank slates and see them mold into young readers excited about learning.

I want to go and buy playdough and Dr. Seuss books, I want to plan games where they use their imagination.
Oh I just hope I am always a Kindergarten teacher.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Kindergarten teacher. Lover of all things happy and pretty!