background

Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Madness- Good Madness

Hi!!

 I'm Hayley and I'm a Kindergarten teacher!
It's April 2nd, and the school year has been going on for about approximately 140 days. That means there are only 40 more to go. When that 40 days is over, I have officially survived my first year of teaching!


What a year it has been!

Let me start things off from the beginning.
I graduated in May of 2013 from Florida Gulf Coast University. I then started my job search immediately. I received a contract from the school district, before I had even graduated. I thought to myself...wow, this is going to be so easy!


Boy was I wrong.
It was an intense summer of applying, interviewing, and no phone calls.
When one day, while I was babysitting, I got a phone call.
From the elementary school I went to as a kid!
 


I could not believe it, I had an interview the very next day! It went great, couldn't even believe it was happening.
That afternoon, I heard back!
Well....I didn't get the job! So the search continued.
I was at an interview at a school for a fourth or fifth grade position.
Anyone that knows me, knows I am a primary kind of person. But- I was accepting it, I just wanted to teach!
When I walked out of that interview, I had a voice mail.
It was from the school I taught at! They were wondering if I was interested in a Kindergarten position. Ummmmm...yes! They would know in a few hours if it would be a position for me to have or not.

Well. It was mine to have! That very day I signed my contract and I was a Kindergarten teacher, where I went to elementary school. It was literally a dream come true.

I got hired at the very end of July, and school started August 7th. It was a whirlwind, but a wonderful whirlwind.


What I wasn't expecting was what my first year of teaching would be like.
You can't learn that in college, you can't learn it through looking at pinterest.
So I decided to make this blog so I can look back, and share what it is really like to be a first year teacher! I should've made this months ago...but I've been too tired! :)

My next post will be about my first day of teaching.
Preview- "I had a screamer" 

Xo
Hayley

1 comment:

  1. Love this. Can't wait to read the next one! Great job Hayley. =)

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

My photo
Kindergarten teacher. Lover of all things happy and pretty!