One thing that they don't teach you in college is the likely hood of you having a screamer on the first day of school.
I have always wanted to be like Miss Honey in Matilda, and frankly I always try to live like that. I think everything is sunshine and roses!
So it was my first day teaching Kindergarten. My room was ready, I had my schedule planned out for the day and the kids were ready to begin!
We were both starting together.
The kids were quietly coloring a "Welcome to Pinewoods" page when student A walks in.
Everything was fine! Until Mommy left.
Student A screamed and cried and tried running out the door for....
FORTY MINUTES!
40
All of my other little ones were calm and quietly and probably very nervous.
Never would I have expected that.
At one point she was running around the school!
This lasted for TWO WEEKS.
In that two weeks I had to put her on a bus crying.
I thought it was her birthday so she was wearing a crown whilst running around the school ( It wasn't her birthday)
And then she got moved into another Kindergarten class to be with her twin sister.
And that was my first two weeks of teaching.
And guess what?
I still love every second of it!
Xo Hayley

No comments:
Post a Comment