background

Monday, April 21, 2014

First Month of Being a Kindergarten Teacher and Now

The beginning of Kindergarten is extremely hard.
I had no idea all of the routines/expectations/procedures these children had to learn.
Well - I had some idea but putting it to use was the hard part.
Bathroom signals, what to do if you want a tissue, what to do if you need a drink , where your backpack goes, where your put your morning work, when you can sharpen a pencil, who your shoulder partner is, where do you walk in line, how do you act in the cafeteria and so on. 

Not easy. Next year however, I feel like I will go in with a years experience knowing all of the things I wish I had done. That I am thankful for!

I have gained knowledge, experience and after a summer of rest, relaxation and the occasional tutoring- I will be ready to conquer again.

On my run tonight while clearing my head, I was reflecting on how far they have come since August.
They are like a well oiled machine. A couple still have trouble following my rules, but you will always have those couple that do that.

It is amazing to see my students reading and reading fluently!
I did that!
Nothing makes me more proud than seeing that.
What also makes me proud is their new found independence. Their willingness to share their feelings and their belongings. 
They have grown socially, emotionally, physically and mentally.
It is absolutely amazing and rewarding.
This group of kids has taught me who I am as a teacher.
They have pushed me to my limits and they have made me a stronger individual.
Yes, little five and six year olds did that.

I have the best job in the whole wide world!
I am one proud teacher! :)






No comments:

Post a Comment

My photo
Kindergarten teacher. Lover of all things happy and pretty!